LG Appliance Repair Services
“LG” stands for “Life’s good,” the tagline of the LG Corporation.
It also stands for “Lucky-Goldstar,” the former corporate name of LG.
Life is good indeed if your LG washer, dryer, fridge, and stove work as designed. But when the refrigerator gives up the ghost and food spoils (at today’s prices!), you may question your Lucky-Goldstars.
West Coast Chief technicians are licensed and certified to perform all LG appliance repairs. We offer same-day service if you call by noon (and parts are available).
LG Refrigerator Repair
LG appliances are known for their build quality. But at some point, you may encounter:
- Cooling Issues: This can be caused by a malfunctioning compressor, faulty temperature sensors, or improper airflow.
- Ice Maker Problems: You might have a defective ice maker assembly, faulty water inlet valve, or clogged water line.
- Water Dispenser Troubles: A flawed water inlet valve, clogged water filter, or faulty dispenser switch are usually to blame.
- Freezer Frost Buildup: A bad door seal, blocked evaporator drain tube, or dirty condenser coils may be causing this.
- Unusual Noises: Look for a malfunctioning compressor, evaporator fan motor, or condenser fan motor.
LG Dishwasher Repair
Of all kitchen appliances, dishwashers are the most likely to break down. They lead a hard life of exposure to water, heat, detergents, and lime buildup. So unless you’ve maintained your LG dishwasher like an Air Force jet, don’t be surprised if it quits on the job. Common problems include:
- Not Filling With Water: A defective water inlet valve, clogged float switch, or faulty timer can cause this problem.
- Leaking: This could be due to a blocked drain hose, cracked dishwasher tub, worn door gasket, or loose connections.
- Unusual Noises: Loud whirring and grinding sounds can indicate a problem with the drain pump assembly or motor drive coupler.
- Not Draining: Clogged filters or impellers are usually responsible for this issue. A defective drain valve can cause water to remain in the tub.
- Not Drying Dishes: A defective heating element, faulty temperature sensor, or worn-out timer can affect drying performance.
LG Oven & Range Repair
Ranges are among the longest-lasting and most reliable appliances. But even these kitchen stalwarts can’t take years of abuse and neglect. Common issues include:
- Incorrect Oven Temperatures: This can result from worn-out thermostats, damaged heating elements, faulty temperature sensors, or a malfunctioning blower motor.
- Range Burners Not Working: Look for a broken heating element, faulty spark module, or malfunctioning gas valve.
- Oven Door Won’t Open: Check the lock switch, as you may have unintentionally triggered the child safety feature. Otherwise, look for a defective control board or door latch assembly.
- Unusual Noises: Banging and clicking sounds are usually due to worn-out burner grates or loose elements.
- Poor Burner Ignition: A defective spark ignition switch may be at fault.
- Inconsistent Flame: This can be due to a faulty gas valve, defective burner caps, clogged jets, or loose connections.
- Unusual Odors: The oven might need cleaning if you smell a burning odor while baking. Otherwise, it could indicate a problem with the bake element or wiring.
LG Washer Repair
Common problems reported with LG washers include:
- Leaking: You may need help with the door seal, drain pump, water inlet valve, or hoses. Improper installation and overloading the washer can also contribute to leaks. The worst-case scenario is a broken tub.
- Not Spinning or Agitating: This can be due to a malfunctioning motor, belt, or control board. It can also result from unbalanced loads, which trigger safety features that prevent the washer from spinning.
- Excessive Noise: Banging, grinding, or squeaking sounds are beyond the scope of a DIY repair. Call us to inspect the motor, drum bearings, and suspension system and look for loose components.
- Vibrations and Shaking: This is probably caused by unevenly distributed laundry. Otherwise, an improperly leveled washer, worn-out suspension, or worn shock absorbers may be at fault.
- Control Panel Issues: Faulty control board electronics, loose connections, or water damage can render the control panel unresponsive.
LG Dryer Repair
From buzzing or clicking noises to no heat, we’ve seen it all when it comes to LG dryers.
- No Heat: This could be due to a malfunctioning heating element, blown thermal fuse, broken thermostat, faulty control board, or component failure.
- Long Drying Times: A faulty thermostat, bad door seal, defective blower wheel, worn drum rollers, or clogged vent lines will reduce dryer efficiency.
- Loud Noises: Did you leave your flashlight in the laundry? If not, banging and grinding sounds are likely due to misaligned drum support rollers or worn-out parts rubbing against each other.
- Not Starting: The prime suspects are a broken push-to-start switch, faulty start relay or control board electronics, or a worn-out drive belt.
- Unusual Odors: The filter may need cleaning, or you could have a damaged heating element or motor.
- Overheating: A malfunctioning thermostat, faulty temperature sensor, or blocked ventilation system will cause overheating, which poses a fire hazard if not addressed promptly.
- Drum Not Turning: If the motor runs, but the drum won’t spin, you may have a bad drive belt or broken drum rollers.
- Control Panel Problems: Faulty control board electronics or loose connections can affect the panel’s performance.
LG Appliance Installation
All appliances have a finite lifespan. Most kitchen appliances have a shorter life than a housecat. You may have come to a point where it will cost almost as much to repair your old refrigerator, dishwasher, or range as it would to purchase a new unit.
We’ll give the news to you straight.
We can help you select a suitable appliance model for your home, transport and set up the appliance, test its operation, and properly dispose of any old units. We take care of everything — so you don’t have to!
Why Choose West Coast Chief for Your LG Appliance Repair?
- We specialize in appliance repairs.
- Our technicians are licensed and certified.
- We provide same-day service when possible (and parts are available).
- We stock most parts and can perform most repairs on the spot.
- Our upfront pricing policy ensures no hidden fees or surprises when you receive the bill.
- All repairs come with a guarantee on labor and parts. We honor all manufacturer warranties and will work with your insurance company.