Refrigerator Repair & Service
What to Do When Your Fridge Stops Working
It’s no secret you depend on your fridge. It’s the one appliance you can’t do without!
Even motel rooms have fridges. A fridge is the most-used motel appliance after the television and the packaged AC and heating system.
So when your refrigerator goes out, your home becomes almost uninhabitable.
Don’t delay — call us at the first sign of trouble.
- We’re the appliance experts in metro Los Angeles — in business since 1995.
- We’re open Monday through Saturday.
- We offer same-day service if you contact us early enough.
- We guarantee all work.
Refrigerator Brands We Repair
- Sub Zero
- And more!
Types of Refrigerators We Repair
- Top-freezer refrigerators
- Bottom-freezer refrigerators
- French door refrigerators
- Side-by-side refrigerators
- Compact / mini-refrigerators
- Freezerless refrigerators
- Counter-depth or built-in refrigerators
- Smart refrigerators
- Dumb refrigerators
- Essentially, all refrigerators!
Refrigerator Parts We Replace
- Water filters
- Replacement Bulbs
- Ice maker components
- Defrost heaters
- Cold controls
- Door switches & seals
- Condensers & compressors
- Evaporators & fans
- Drawers, bins & shelving
DIY vs. Professional Refrigerator Repair
You may not need us for every little thing. You can replace a light bulb without our help, a water filter, or even a door seal.
But the refrigerator repairs that demand professional expertise include:
- Electrical repairs
- Repairs that require moving the fridge
- Waterline connections & repairs
- Compressor or evaporator fan motor replacement
- Refrigeration system charging (Freon, etc.)
- Leak repairs
- Any repair that involves soldering or brazing
These are just a few examples. If you’re not sure whether a repair is best handled by a professional, please call us.
Recognizing the Warning Signs: When to Call for Service
Here are some clues that it’s time to schedule a refrigerator repair:
- The fridge is making unusual noises.
- There’s water on the floor.
- The fridge isn’t cooling properly.
- The freezer isn’t working.
- There’s ice buildup inside the freezer.
- Food is spoiling too quickly.
- The fridge is leaking water or condensation.
If you see any of these warning signs, call us right away! We’ll diagnose the problem and get your fridge back up and running in no time.
When Should You Replace Your Fridge (vs. Having It Repaired)?
- A rule of thumb is if the cost of repair is at least half the purchase price of a new fridge, you should buy a new appliance.
- How often does your refrigerator break down? If you’ve already had 3 or more major repairs, it may be time for a new fridge.
- Consider the age of the appliance: repair if 8 years old or less, replace if 15 years or older. Most refrigerators last between 10-20 years.
- If the age of your fridge is anywhere in-between, other factors may be involved, like the brand and type of refrigerator.
- Not sure whether to repair or replace your fridge? Call us! We’ll advise you honestly, without trying to upsell you on a new appliance.
How to Extend the Life of Your Refrigerator
- Use a thermometer to test the temperature of your refrigerator and freezer.
- Clean your condenser coils every six months to remove dirt and build-up.
- Keep the temperature in the kitchen cool to prevent the fridge from overworking.
- Give the refrigerator “breathing room,” with a few inches of space between the unit and wall for air circulation.
What to Expect When You Schedule Service with Us
When you call us, we’ll want to know:
- The brand and model number of your fridge.
- What the problem is (if you know).
- Whether your refrigerator is covered by a warranty or service plan.
- The best time for us to come out for service.
- Once we’re at your home, we’ll diagnose the problem and provide an estimate. We won’t proceed with the repair unless we have your express consent.
- If you agree to the repair, we’ll waive our standard fee for a service call. It will be included in the cost of the repair.
Why Choose West Coast Chief Repair?
- We’re a family-owned and operated business, so we treat our customers like family.
- We have over 25 years of experience in the appliance repair industry.
- We service all metro Los Angeles and Orange County, and offer same-day service for most repairs.
- We hire only licensed and insured technicians with experience.
- We warranty all parts and labor associated with our repairs.
- If you’re not happy with our work, we’ll make it right.