Commercial Refrigerator Repair & Service
When the Fridge Is Down, Your Business Is Down
A refrigerator is the one indispensable appliance in a home.
You can do without the stove for a few days, the dishwasher for a few weeks, and the microwave forever. But the fridge?
Heaven forbid it should ever fail. Even hotel rooms have refrigerators these days!
Now take that frightening image of a fridgeless home and amplify it by 1,000.
That’s your restaurant, convenience store, or grocery mart without refrigeration.
- Perishables spoil.
- Customers flee.
- Your business comes to a screeching halt.
You need commercial refrigerator repair, and you need it fast.
Call Us: the Fridge Fixers!
But whom do you call? The company that sold you the fridge? The manufacturer?
They may not even be in the same state.
Some fly-by-night operation that’s cheap but not especially qualified?
How about if you call us instead: West Coast Chief Repair.
West Coast Chief Commercial Refrigerator Repair
Why West Coast Chief, and not some other service?
- We specialize in appliance repair: all appliances, including commercial refrigerators.
- We’re based in Los Angeles, but we have a team of mobile repair technicians who cover the entire LA metropolitan area and Orange County.
- We’re available for emergency repairs. In most cases, we can be at your business within hours, not days.
- Our technicians are licensed, certified, insured, and bonded.
- Our prices are fair and transparent-no hidden charges, no surprises. We don’t charge extra for travel, weekend work, or holiday work.
- We warranty all parts and work.
So if your commercial refrigerator needs repair or service, call us: West Coast Chief Repair! We’re the fridge fixers!
Why Commercial Refrigerators Need a Specialist
A commercial refrigerator is a very different animal from the fridge in your kitchen at home.
First of all, it’s much larger (duh!).
And second, it has to deal with far more adverse conditions: people coming and going, doors opening and closing, items added and removed, etc.
Some commercial fridges don’t have doors at all! They’re open to the world, working extra-hard to keep the perishables on their shelves from perishing.
All that wear and tear takes a toll. Most commercial fridges run around the clock — 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
No wonder they sometimes get tired and quit! And the less you maintain them, the more likely they’ll quit at the worst possible time.
Components in a commercial refrigerator may be hard to reach, require special tools, or be located in a dangerous area.
Some commercial refrigerators use ammonia or other toxic chemicals as refrigerants. These can be dangerous if they leak.
In short, a commercial refrigerator is a complex machine that requires regular maintenance and care by a qualified professional.
Don’t trust it to just anyone! Call West Coast Chief Repair.
What Can Go Wrong with a Commercial Refrigerator?
Just about anything, unfortunately. But here are some of the most common problems we see:
- The compressor stops working
- The evaporator coils freeze up
- The condenser coils get clogged or dirty and no longer function properly
- The door gaskets tear or come loose
- The thermostat breaks or needs adjustment
- The condenser leaks refrigerant
- The fan motor burns out
A commercial refrigerator is a complex machine with many moving parts. Any of those parts can break or wear out. And when one part fails, other parts can fail in a chain reaction.
That’s why it’s so important to have a professional refrigerator repair technician look at your fridge as soon as you suspect a problem.
Types of Commercial Fridges We Repair & Service
- Walk-in refrigerators
- Reach-in refrigerators
- Open case refrigerators
- Under-counter refrigerators
- Display case refrigerators
- Heavy-duty kitchen refrigerators
- Bar & restaurant refrigerators
- Hotel & motel refrigerators
- Convenience store & gas station refrigerators
- Grocery store & supermarket refrigerators
- Pharmacy & medical office refrigerators
- & more!
We can fix it no matter what type of commercial fridge you have.
Commercial Brands We Repair & Service
- Arctic Air
- Lucky Kitchen
- & more!
We service all brands of commercial refrigerators, no matter how exotic.
What to Do When Your Commercial Fridge Breaks Down
Check to see if the appliance is still under warranty. If so, call the manufacturer, and they may be able to help you troubleshoot the problem or even send a technician.
If your fridge is out of warranty, or if the manufacturer can’t help, call West Coast Chief Repair.
We’ll send a technician to your business as soon as possible to diagnose the problem and give you an estimate for the repair.
If you approve, we’ll do the repairs on-site and have your fridge up and running in no time.
And if your fridge is beyond repair, we can help you find a new one and even install it.
When to Replace Instead of Repair
With good maintenance, some high-quality refrigerator brands can last 15 years.
But there comes a time when it no longer makes sense to pour money into an aging appliance.
That time is different for every business owner, but here are some factors to consider:
- The cost of the repairs vs. a new fridge
- The age of your refrigerator
- The efficiency of your refrigerator
- How often it breaks down
- Whether or not you can get parts for it
If you’re not sure what to do, ask us. We’ll give you an honest professional opinion.
Our Commercial Refrigerator Installation Service
Just like repair, commercial refrigerator installation is a job for an experienced appliance specialist.
- There’s more to it than just plugging in the fridge.
- Some commercial refrigerators require special wiring and plumbing. Others need venting to the outside.
- All must be level and stable to function correctly.
- If any part of installation is botched, your new fridge could break down prematurely or even cause a flood.
Count on us to do the installation right. We’ll even haul away your old fridge! Just say the word!
Our Commercial Refrigerator Maintenance Service
Now that we’ve installed a spanking new commercial fridge you can be proud of, what the best way to keep it running even past its expiration date?
Scheduled maintenance, of course, which we’ll tailor to your business and appliance needs.
We can service just the refrigerator, or every appliance in your kitchen. The choice is yours.
Here’s what we do to keep your refrigerator in peak condition:
- Clean the coils
- Check the doors for proper seal
- Test the thermostat
- Inspect the gaskets & hinges
- Tighten bolts & screws
- Lubricate moving parts
- Clean the interior
- Recharge the refrigerant
- Check the motor & belts
- Inspect the electrical system
- & more!
You can schedule a one-time service call, or sign up for a monthly, quarterly, or annual service plan. We’re flexible! Please contact us for details.