Appliance Installation Services
The #1 Appliance Installers in Los Angeles, Orange County & Beyond
With over a quarter-century of experience, West Coast Chief is the preferred service provider of thousands of customers in greater Los Angeles.
We offer reasonable prices and some of the most generous labor and product warranties in Southern California. Every installation job is guaranteed and warranted.
No Appliance Lasts Forever
Every appliance dies eventually. It’s especially true of appliances with moving parts — washers, dryers, air conditioners, and furnaces — and appliances exposed to water.
New appliances are built to last longer than ever. They’re also much more efficient, like new cars!
Even so, the average lifespan of a major appliance is much shorter than you might think.
Expected Life of a Few Household Appliances
- Refrigerators: 12 years
- Washers: 10-13 years
- Dryers: 10-13 years
- Garbage disposals: 12 years
- Furnace: 15-20 years
- Heat pumps: 16 years
- Air conditioners: 10-15 years
- Gas water heater: 10 years
When your appliance goes to the grave, and eventually it will, we’re there to install a new one for you. We sell appliances, too!
Repair or Replace? When to Buy a New Appliance
If the appliance repair cost exceeds half of the replacement cost, it’s time to buy a new appliance.
Other factors to consider are:
- The age of the appliance vs. life expectancy
- Energy efficiency: new appliances consume far less energy than their older counterparts
- Appliance quality of a new unit compared to your old appliance
Older appliances will add a significant surcharge to your monthly utility bill, even when running at peak efficiency during non-peak hours.
But if your inefficient old appliance still has years of good use left, or if you’re emotionally attached, you may want to hang onto it for a while longer.
You should also consider the time you plan to live at your current address. Replacement of an inefficient built-in appliance makes more sense if you stay put for a decade or more.
On the other hand, if you plan to move before the 10-year mark, you might do well to repair a malfunctioning appliance and leave any replacement decisions to your home’s future owners. They’ll be remodeling the whole dang house anyway!
Our Appliance Installation Service: Overview
Some appliance installation is DIY. You move the appliance into position and plug it in; in some cases, you may have to make a few simple connections. But many appliances require professional installation. Here’s what we do:
- Pre-installation appliance preparation
- Unpacking and removing packaging materials
- Appliance recycling (we take your old appliance to the recycling yard)
- Connecting water lines (if applicable)
- Gas appliance installation (requires a gas fitter)
- Electrical appliance installation (requires an electrician)
- Venting appliance installation (requires a venting specialist)
Call in the pros if the job calls for precise fitting or if delicate equipment has to be calibrated.
Built-in appliances are clear candidates for professional fitting:
- Refrigerators & freezers
- Integrated cooktops & ovens
Some household appliances call for some kind of mechanical installation or plumbing:
- Garbage disposal units
- Gas ovens & cooktops
- Washers & dryers (in some cases)
Others that should be level to prevent excessive noise or vibration are:
- Washing machines
- Certain types of refrigerators
Whatever the appliance, we’ll fit it perfectly with an optimal setup. And we’ll tidy up after ourselves as if we were never there!
Garbage Disposal Installation
If your home didn’t come with a disposal, and you’re tired of dealing with stinky organic trash, give us a call. We’ll install one for you!
We’ll also replace your old garbage disposal with a new one, seal it so there are no leaks, and dispose of your old unit.
For no extra charge, we’ll haul it away and recycle it. No more heavy lifting for our customers — it’s all part of the service.
OTR Microwave Oven Installation
An over-the-range (OTR) microwave oven is a great way to save space in your kitchen. But OTR models are not for everyone.
Here’s what you should know about OTR microwave ovens before you buy one:
- An OTR microwave oven is installed above your stove, freeing up counter space.
- You need at least 18 inches of clearance between the bottom of the appliance and the top of your range or cooktop.
- OTR models come in both ventless and vented varieties. Vented models are more expensive, but they do a better job of removing smoke and odors from your cooking area.
If you decide an OTR microwave is right for you, give us a call! We’ll take care of the installation quickly and efficiently.
Whether you’re replacing an old dishwasher or installing a new one in a newly constructed home, we can help.
We’ll take care of everything, from unpacking and removing packaging materials to recycling your old appliance.
And of course, we’ll make sure there are no leaks or electrical problems and that your new dishwasher is correctly installed.
Built-in Cooktop Installation
If you’re lucky enough to own a built-in cooktop, you know how convenient they are. But they can be tricky to install. That’s where we come in! We have the experience and the expertise to install your cooktop perfectly level, tightly sealed, and fully functioning.
Gas Appliance Installation
Anyone installing a gas appliance should know the rules, regulations, and ordinances. They’re in place for a reason.
An incompetent installer can leave the appliance prone to damage or gas leaks, potentially leading to an explosion and taking out your home and anything close to it.
Our appliance technicians are qualified in all aspects of gas appliance installation and management. They’re trained, experienced, licensed, certified, bonded, and insured. They’re friendly, too! You may enjoy the service call.
They’ll handle your appliances with the attention, care, and diligence customers have come to expect from West Coast Chief Repair.
What Do You Do if You Discover a Gas Leak?
Natural gas is odorless; the smell is added artificially. Sometimes the odor fades, so don’t rely solely on your sense of smell. If you detect any signs of a gas leak:
- Immediately evacuate the area
- Call 911 or your local gas supplier
- Do not turn any electrical device on or off – including the lights
- Don’t provide any other sources of ignition, like cigarettes or naked flames
Electric Appliance Installation
Electrical appliances come with their own set of risks. No, we’re not saying your electric dishwasher is dangerous, but it can be if it’s poorly installed.
Apart from the obvious risk of electric shock from faulty wiring, there are other potential hazards.
Heavy-duty kitchen equipment like cookers and electric cooktops run at an increased load. Overloading plug sockets can lead to electrical fires.
The US Fire Administration reported that in 2014, electrical fires accounted for 6.3 percent of all residential fires.
There are ways to mitigate the risk.
- Have your appliances installed by a certified technician.
- Check wiring regularly, especially if it’s more than a few years old.
- Ensure the sockets have no hot or scorched areas that indicate overheating.
- Turn off all unused devices.
- Don’t overload sockets or extension cables.
All of our installation technicians have the training and qualifications to install your appliances safely, correctly assess the load capacity of your wiring, and alert you to any potential problems with the setup of your older wiring.
West Coast Chief’s Total Appliance Installation & Service
At West Coast Chief Repair, we pride ourselves on our high client retention rate over our quarter of a century in business. Call us today and join the growing number of long-term customers.
You’ll enjoy our services, which include:
- A thorough diagnosis of your appliance issue by a certified technician.
- A competitive quote with no hidden extras or call-out charges.
- The option to book an appointment convenient for you — we understand that appliance repair often can’t wait.
A fast turnaround time on all appliance repairs, including emergency appliance repair.