Commercial Laundry Repair & Service
Commercial Laundry Service Worth the Coin
Commercial washers and dryers are put through the wringer, so to speak.
It’s an apt metaphor for the commercial laundry business, whose machines are used and abused beyond the capacity of even the toughest machines.
That’s why commercial washers and dryers break down so often (or so it seems).
And when they do break down, it’s a big problem for you, the laundry owner or manager.
Broken laundry machines mean lost business and income. To boot, you have to foot the cost of repair!
What if you have commercial machines in-house to wash gym towels, hospital bed linens, and what not? If your washer or dryer conks out when needed most, you may be in a real pickle.
Same-Day Commercial Washer & Dryer Repair
Call us before noon for the same-day repair of your commercial washer or dryer. We stock thousands of parts in our warehouse and may have the right part to get your machine(s) running without delay.
West Coast Chief installs, maintains, and repairs all brands and types of commercial appliances.
Common Problems with Commercial Machines
Commercial washers and dryers are vulnerable to the same mechanical breakdowns as home appliances, with a few critical differences.
Home appliances don’t have coin slides and card readers! We’ve seen a lot of jammed coin slides in our day; if the jam is bad enough, you may have to replace the coin slide altogether.
Gaskets, seals, valves, and other parts wear out faster because a commercial washer and dryer may handle two dozen loads a day and not four loads a week.
Commercial appliances are much more likely to be at the receiving end of misuse and abuse — weighty loads, for instance.
But a well-maintained commercial laundry will experience fewer breakdowns and require less repair. Not to mention, it will run more efficiently, lowering your operating costs.
You’ll see us less often, and that’s a good thing for you.
Businesses We Service
- Coin- and card-operated laundries
- Hotels & motels
- Hospitals & nursing homes
- Student housing
- Assisted living facilities
- Sporting clubs & gyms
- Property management firms
- Any company that owns a commercial appliance!
Why Chief? What We Offer
We can fix any commercial laundry machines you have, even exotic brands! Our technicians have experience with all makes and models of washers and dryers, from the most common to the more unusual and industrial.
We also offer preventative maintenance packages that can help keep your machines running smoothly and prevent small problems from turning into big ones.
- We’re local. We’ve served the metropolitan Los Angeles area since 1995, and our technicians live and work in your community.
- We’re fast. We know that when a commercial machine goes down, you need it up and running as soon as possible. That’s why we offer same-day service for most repairs.
- We’re fair. We believe in providing quality service at a fair price. No hidden fees or unexpected costs — just honest, straightforward service. All work is guaranteed.
- We’re family-owned and run. We treat customers like family. We’re in this for the long haul and hope to earn your repeat business.
Got questions? Call us! Our customer service representatives are standing by to answer your call 24-7. Live operators — not voice messaging.
Commercial Laundry Installation
Installing commercial washers and dryers is a job for appliance specialists, not general contractors! It’s far more complex than home appliance installation.
- Commercial machines are heavier and larger than home washers and dryers. Washers and dryers for hotels, hospitals, and laundry services can be massive!
- Commercial machines are often installed in banks lining the walls; it takes special equipment to hoist them into place and expertise to install them.
- Commercial dryers need high-capacity venting systems, similar to ductwork.
- Some cities have regulations about how close washers and dryers can be to walls, such as how high the exhaust duct must be off the ground. We know the city ordinances and follow them to the letter.
- You may need to install coin-operated machines, card-operated machines, or both.
Our appliance technicians will work with you to determine the best layout for your commercial space and business needs, then install your machines according to the manufacturer’s specifications.
Commercial Laundry Repair
What are some common problems with commercial machines?
- Mechanical wear and tear from high usage & heavy loads
- Worn gaskets, seals, valves & other parts
- Jammed coin slides
- Malfunctioning card readers
- Lint buildup in vents
No doubt, you’ve experienced some or all of these problems in your commercial laundry.
We can fix them all! Even better, with regular, scheduled maintenance, we can prevent many problems from occurring in the first place.
Scheduled maintenance means less downtime for your machines, more revenue for your business, and extended life for your commercial washers and dryers.
Our Preventative Maintenance Services
Planned preventative maintenance ensures that washers and dryers are checked, cleaned, lubricated, adjusted, and inspected according to a schedule.
It reduces the frequency and severity of breakdowns, and therefore the time and income lost because of them.
For example, dryer drum drive belts are hidden inside the machine. We check all belts for wear and tension during planned service and replace them if necessary.
How many dryers have you lost for a day, a week, or even longer waiting for a technician to replace a damaged belt? With preventative maintenance, the chances of that happening are almost nil.
Manufacturers recommend regular professional cleaning of the intake and exhaust vent pipes to keep dryers from overheating and minimize fire risk. Are you already doing this, or would you like us to add it to your regular service schedule?
What’s included in our commercial laundry preventative maintenance services?
- Lubrication of all moving parts
- Check & adjust drive belts
- Check & adjust door hinges, rollers, and catches
- Clean & check coin slides, moneyboxes, and card readers
- Check & clean inlet screens
- Test all safety switches
- Check & adjust water level controls, water inlet valves & drain valves
- Clean lint screens
- Inspect hoses for leaks
- Measure amperage & voltage of motors
Call us today to schedule preventative maintenance service for your commercial washers and dryers. You’ll be glad you did!
Planned Maintenance Reduces Your Operating Costs
Like a car, an unmaintained washer or dryer will work for a while after a missed service appointment.
However, it will lose efficiency; your utility bills will rise.
- Worn or dry bearings force a motor to work harder to turn the drum.
- Slack drive belts lead to slippage and wasted energy.
- Carbonized gas jets (on gas dryers) won’t burn efficiently, resulting in longer drying times.
- Blocked vents and filters can destroy dryer motors and heating elements and even become a fire hazard.
- Even small leaks waste water — no small concern in a commercial laundry with 30 washers!
- Calcification of heating elements and thermostats slows water heating.
- Dirty rollers, hinges, and catches make washer and dryer doors hard to open and close (an invitation to customer abuse).
These are just a few examples of how neglecting commercial laundry planned maintenance can increase operating costs.
On the other hand, regular service will lower your costs while extending the life of your washers and dryers.
It’s a win-win proposition!
What to Expect from West Coast Chief Commercial Laundry Service
When you call us to schedule service, we’ll ask a few questions about the problems you’re having with your machines.
This information helps our technician come as prepared as possible.
Please have the following information available:
- The make and model of the machine(s) you need service on.
- A description of the problem you’re experiencing
- The frequency with which the problem occurs.
- The approximate age of the machine(s).
- Any other relevant information you think might be helpful.
Armed with this information, our technician will arrive at your location with a fully stocked van, ready to get to work.