Save $ with LA Dept of Water & Power AC Optimization
The Los Angeles Department of Water and Power is offering FREE air conditioning “optimization” services to its customers, including the FREE installation of one smart thermostat.
These services will help your air conditioner or HVAC system run more efficiently, reduce your energy costs, and improve the comfort of your home or business.
LADWP extends this free service to residential and commercial customers. To qualify for the rebate, you must have a licensed air conditioning technician, like the certified technicians at West Coast Chief, perform the optimization (tune-up and upgrades).
Please read on for details from the LADWP website.
“LADWP offers the AC Optimization program to residential and commercial customers to help them save on their cooling costs. Without proper maintenance, heating and cooling systems may not operate at optimal levels. These conditions can cause significant energy waste, especially during the hot summer months when cooling systems are used for longer periods.
“The AC Optimization Program provides services by certified, professional heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) technicians from approved, licensed contractors to analyze cooling systems and provide basic maintenance and efficiency services. These services are free for all eligible residential and commercial LADWP customers.“
“Program Services Offered at No Cost to Customers
- Replacement or cleaning of standard air filters
- Outdoor coil cleaning
- System diagnostic test
- Refrigerant charge adjustment (up to 2 lbs. of refrigerant will be provided, if applicable). Zoned systems only qualify for one thermostat
- Installation of smart, Wi-Fi enabled thermostat (for compatible residential systems only, if customer does not already have a smart thermostat*)
- If the customer’s home is not Wi-Fi enabled, or would prefer not to have a smart thermostat installed, the following AC system or Heat Pump alternatives can be installed at no charge to the customer: Western Cooling Control
- In addition to the AC Optimization Program, customers have the option of purchasing a qualifying thermostat and receiving a rebate through the LADWP Efficient Product Marketplace“
Source: Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (www.ladwp.com/acopt)
Who Provides This Service to Customers?
Only licensed, certified HVAC technicians like those at West Coast Chief Repair are approved by LADWP to deliver this money-saving program to customers.
Translation: If you qualify, the LADWP will pay us to service your air conditioner and make it more efficient. You’ll be more comfortable, and you’ll save money, too!
For details, please contact us at West Coast Chief and ask about the LADWP AC Optimization program.